This is a merit-based scholarship to help a 1st-year graduate obtain 737 Type Rating Certification. Training will be approximately 6 weeks and conducted in Atlanta, Georgia. Lodging accommodations and round-trip airfare will be provided during training (meals are not included).
Minimum Applicant Requirements
- Must be a current member in good standing of OBAP for one year.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Commercial, instrument and multi-engine land certificates. 1000 hours total.
- Currently enrolled or has a Baccalaureate Degree from a nationally accredited university or college.
- Established authorization to work in the United States or U.S. Citizen.
- Must read, write, and speak English fluently.
- The candidate must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 (out of 4.0) and have leadership potential.
- Be prepared to provide a copy of your automobile driver’s license, current passport and list any moving violations, dates, locations, and details for the past seven years. State if you have been convicted of any type of violation of the law, with dates and locations.
- Give any details of any letters of inquiries from the FAA regarding any aircraft incidents or accidents, and list all FAA check ride failures. Training will be approximately 6 weeks and conducted in Atlanta, Georgia. Lodging accommodations and round-trip airfare will be provided during training (meals are not included).
Number of Awards:
Organization of Black Aerospace Professionals
1 Westbrook Corporate Center – Suite 300
Westchester, IL 60154
Last updated: 10/2/18