To assist worthy students in Georgia with college tuition, the Georgia Mining Foundation was established with a $20,000 scholarship fund to be distributed as individual $500 scholarships. In addition to these individual $500 scholarships, the Foundation will also be giving away three (3) $1,000 scholarships to be paid out over two years ($500 a year for two years). High school seniors attending schools in Georgia are eligible to apply.
The applicant must::
- Have been accepted for admission to an accredited college or university in the State of Georgia
- Attain a minimum score of 1300 on the SAT
- Have an overall average of 85% or higher
- Completed required high school courses including:
- Four years of college preparatory English
- Three years of history plus social sciences
- Five courses from these math/science courses: Algebra I, II; Geometry; Physical Science; Biology; Chemistry
- A faculty recommendation (teacher or counselor) and approval from the principal or headmaster of the school. The recommendation (maximum of one page) should address the following personal qualities; integrity, written/oral expression, extra-curricular activities, personality, motivation, initiative, leadership, community involvement and financial need.
- Provide an essay (200 words or less) addressing the following topics; activities, home life, plans for the scholarship money, how it will help you in the future, and what you would like the committee to know about you. This essay is to provide the judges with a more personal insight about the student.
- Provide any further evidence of financial need
- Provide a copy of high school transcript
$500 – $1,000
Number of Awards:
Georgia Mining Foundation
113 Arkwright Landing
Macon, GA 31210
Last Updated: 9/25/18